known as the architectural range, the 'S' stood for
surface mount and the 'F' for flush mounting by making a recess in the
wall in which to set the speakers.
Auriga S - 2 way ribbon hybrid on wall
The 'RIBBIN-Wall' and 'RIBBON-Wall' speakers utilize the same well known ribbon drivers from the time honored Slant 6 and Stage models. The Ribbon Wall speakers have been adapted for the custom market to capture the harmonic qualities of these freestanding models. The Ribbon In-Wall/On-Wall speakers offer front to back sonic depth and airiness never before attainable with wall speakers. In either their in-wall or on-wall format, the speakers reproduce high resolution and dynamic range at soft and loud volume settings. The midrange tweeter has the added flexibility of toe-in and rake angle adjustment to provide fine tuning image focus for on and off axis listening.
The Ribbon Wall Loudspeaker System can be used in new or existing structures.
* True high performance ribbon hybrid in-wall speaker system. High resolution at all sound levels.
* Unique adjustable midrange/tweeter.
* Wide coherent soundstage.
* Angled woofer driver delivers total harmonic coherence,
* Can be retrofitted in existing walls.
* Fully integrated speakers with single mounting box.
* Ideal for surround sound applications,
* Integrates with any architectural environment.
* Completely paintable
'The Apogee Ribbon- wall system raised the home-theater experience to a new level .. It wasn't just the Apogee's deep response (rated down to 40 hertz) that made such an impression; more than that, I heard new nuances in movie soundtracks I thought I knew pretty well.'...
Lawrence B. Johnson
Audio/Video Interiors, November 1993